Sunday, October 5, 2014

Day 5: 31 Days of Living Well & Spending Zero!

Today I am happy to report I didn't spend any money. Usually Sunday is already a no spending day anyway so this made it really easy. I spent I nice day with my son Jack at home and my husband Brady actually had to work on a big paper that is due tomorrow so he took a lunch with him. Brady has been really good at making and taking lunches. He's been such a good support to me in this no spending month. It makes the challenge that much easier because everyone is on board. Thanks Brady!

Today's assignment was to eat "out" at home. I did sorta do this... We had a family Mexican potluck today and it was delicious. I love having family so close enjoy meals with.

I did like the idea of finding restaurant copy cat recipes to make at home. I just don't like the calories that come with restaurant meals. I found a list of recipes that are done healthy so you can find something delicious without overdoing it on calories. Here's the link: Restaurant Favorites Made Healthy.

Do you have any restaurant copy cat recipes you use? I find it hard to find one's that are close to the real deal. I have yet to find a Cafe Rio pulled pork recipe that will match the original's greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment