Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 11, 12, 13 and 14: 31 Days of Living Well & Spending Zero!

Oh hey... It's been a busy few days so I haven't been keeping up with the blog. It might have been because I just wanted to avoid cleaning assignments since  this week has been ALL about the cleaning {insert thumbs down}. But I try to keep things tidy. Although, I probably will be revisiting some "trouble areas" around my place because it's always a headache finding anything in our closets. This being said I don't have a lot to say about cleaning. So... I'm just going to skip to the week two reflection assignment...

This week I didn't really accomplish many out of the ordinary cleaning tasks but I was able to keep up with the laundry and dishes. You can start slow clapping now. Yeah it wasn't a lot but life will go on. 

I'm grateful for the blessings I've received this week from family and friends. First of all my little group of meal swap buddies made a successful hand off this morning and it felt so good to be able to have a meal handy that I didn't have to make myself. And the meal was delicious. I always think things taste better when someone else is cooking. Thanks Heather! Your soup was amazing. Can't wait to try the other two meals waiting for me in my freezer! So thankful for those ladies who are willing to help me out with that assignment. 

I've had many people feed me this week too. While I was in LA with my dad he treated me and my sister to lunch and dinner several times. It's so nice to have my dad around this week. Not only to pay for my meals but I just love being around such a nice sweet person all the time. Love you Daddy!  My mother in law was also such a sweetheart. I show up at there house unannounced near lunch time and she makes me lunch! I feel so grateful to have family so close. 

The biggest struggle for me is preparing for meals on the go when I know I won't be back home around lunch time. I always bring enough snacks for Jack so he wouldn't go hungry but I hardly ever think to bring something for myself. Luckily Jack shares is Goldfish crackers with me. 

My biggest struggle this week was the cleaning. I really was busy so I wasn't home very much and it's hard to clean and especially organize anything with a little 16 month old who really likes to me out whenever he can. Although he has been known to vacuum. 

I keep thinking about Jack and his Halloween costume! I'm having him dress up as Daniel Tiger. It's a really simple costume but I have been really wanting to buy him a little red hooded sweatshirt and some tiger looking pants. I just want to do it the easy way instead of asking around or making the costume with fabric and clothes we already have. But I am happy to say I have not shopped! And as I am writing this down I have decided for a certainty that I will make due with what I have. FIN.

How have your first two weeks going? If you are lagging behind like me on the daily assignments here is the link to the blog I've been following. It lists all 31 days of the challenge. So you can go through it at your own pace.

Happy Zero Spending!


No comments:

Post a Comment