Wednesday, November 5, 2014

November Gratitude Challenge Day 5: Vegas

VEGAS

Brady and I have lived in Las Vegas going on 3 years now. It's taking me a while to warm up to living here and getting used to the heat. I pine for Salt Lake City and all it has to offer: Family, friends... seasons :). I have learned I love Salt Lake by living in Vegas. But I am still very grateful for the life we have in Vegas. 

First of all we have Brady's wonderful family here for support. We lived with Brady's parents for the first year and a half after Brady started law school and they were there for us in so many ways. They made us feel welcome and loved in their home. They really help us through the first few months of Brady starting school and then us finding out we were going to have Jack at the end of his first year. And they continually share there love and kindness with us. They are very selfless and I am grateful we live in Vegas to be near them. It's nice having parents close by to take care of you even when your all grown up. Along with Brady's parents he has several siblings living here. It's been such a blessing to be close to them to get to know them better. I love seeing my nieces and nephews growing up. 

I am also grateful that I get to be able to live and learn about a new place. It did take me a while to really jump in but I have been having fun exploring the city and surrounding recreational areas. Jack and I frequent parks and I try and find different ones to try now and again. As a family we have visited Red Rock Canyon and the Hoover Dam. I am also finding that there are a lot of family friendly things to do around Vegas if you dig a little. I also have a friend who invites Jack and I to a lot of fun activities so we get to know more about Vegas that way too. I am grateful for the people in our ward we have come to know. All in all I am grateful I live in Vegas even if it is hard for me to admit sometimes. 

Oh and did I mention we have an amazing view from our condo? Yeah, that makes living here even better. 






No comments:

Post a Comment