Monday, November 3, 2014

November Gratitude Challenge Day 3: My Job

My Job

I am extremely grateful that I get to stay home and raise my son. I know it's not always an option for many moms and I have the utmost respect for moms who also have a job outside of the home. I don't want people to take this post as me saying that one way is better than another in terms of mothers working or not working. I know that being home with my son works me and for our family and there are sacrifices all moms have to make to create the best situation for their families.

The things I love about being home is that I get to be with Jack and see him learning a growing. I get to see the world through his curious eyes and it has made me see the little things in life I have grown to forget. I get to master my skills of meal planning and cooking. I get to be Jack's teacher and friend. There is no end or beginning to my day because I am always on call but I also have a lot of flexibility and time to pursue my interests (if I am strategic).  I am also grateful for a husband who supports me and values my contribution even through I am not bringing in the big bucks. I am a beginner and I am learning daily. I love being a stay at home mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment